How to Navigate Intake Details/Case Details Follow
This article will review over how to navigate the Intake Details section in a lead record, as well as the Case Details section in a case record.
When you first enter a Lead record, you will be in the Intake Details tab. This tab contains a few sections that highlight the primary details related to the record:
- Type of Case Details- If an administrative user has configured any Intake/Case Form fields to display in the Intake Screen, those fields will appear at the very top of the page.
- Intake Information- This section appears directly beneath the Type of Case Details. However, if no Intake/Case Form fields were added to the Intake Screen, then this will be the first section you will see at the top of the page. In this section you will find details about the lead’s case type, the marketing source that created the record, the current status, the Assignee and Owner, and more.
- Contact Information- This section appears in the upper-right corner of the page and provides a basic view of the lead’s contact information (phone number, email, address, and language).
If you ever need to edit the contact information, click on the green pencil icon that appears to the right of the Primary Contact name in the upper-left corner of the page (directly above the Intake Details tab). After making changes to the Contact Card, be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the pop-up and click the "Save" button to apply your edits.
- Related- If the Primary Contact of the record has been associated with another record in the portal, you will see the relationship in this section (which appears right beneath the Contact Information section). For example, if the Contact of the record has been added as the Defendant on another record, the potential conflict will be flagged.
- Additional Contacts- This section allows you to associate Contacts with a record. For example, you can add an individual's spouse or insurance company to easily access their contact information. This section appears right below the Related
- Calendar Event Tracker - This is the section you will use to schedule appointments and keep track of any calendar events for/related to this lead. It is located below the Intake Information
To schedule an appointment or create a new calendar event, click on the “Add Calendar Event” button in the upper-right corner of the section. In the pop-up that appears, you will be able to configure all of the details for the new calendar event. Click on the “Save” button to add the new event/appointment to the calendar.
- Refer a Case- This section allows you to refer a record with only a few clicks and is located just below the Additional Contacts Use the dropdowns to select the firm you’d like to send the referral to and click on the “Send it” button to refer a lead/client in under a minute. Only users with the “Send Referral” user permission will be able to refer records.
- Firms and Fee Splits- This section is located below the Calendar Event Tracker section and allows you to keep track of any referrals related to the record, as well as any fee splits. If a referral has been sent via the Refer a Case feature, you will see that in this section and you will also be able to track the status of the referral.
If you are adding a fee split for a co-counsel firm, you may manually add that firm to your record. Click on the “Add Firm” button in the upper-right corner of the section. In the pop-up that appears, you will be able to select the firm from the existing list of Firms in the portal. You can also override the fee share % or flat fee amount if needed. Click on the “Add Fee Share” button to link the firm to the record.
If you’d like to learn more about adding and managing Referral Firms in Law Ruler, please click here.
Just under the Intake Details sections mentioned above, there will be some additional buttons:
- Make a Case- Use this button to turn a Lead record into a Case record.
- Export Case - Use this button to download a folder to your computer that contains the record’s intake form (in both Word and PDF format) and also XML and CSV files with the record’s main default information. Any documents in the record will also be downloaded.
- Next Record- Use this button to go to the next record that appears in the Inbox.
- Previous Record - Use this button to go to the previous record that appears in the Inbox.
- Transfer Record - Use this button to transfer the record to a new Assignee and/or Owner.
- Create Copy- Use this button to create a new record that is a copy of the current record.
- Delete Record- Use this button to delete the record and archive it.
Note: As you move around the different tabs inside of the Lead/Case records, you can always scroll up on the page to view the Intake Details.
The Intake Details tab will become the Case Details tab once you've converted your intake into a case. This tab includes all of the sections and features of the Intake Details tab plus an additional section for Financial Details and one for Settlement Distribution.
- Financial Details- This section is located near the top of the Case Details tab and can be used to keep track of financial information regarding the case. In the top-right corner of this section you will see a light bulb icon next to “Shortcuts”. The “+ Create New” button can be used to quickly add an expense, time entry, deposit, etc. without having to leave the Case Details.
- Settlement Distribution- This section is located at the bottom of the Case Details tab and can be used to keep track of how the final settlement amount will be distributed between the payee(s).