How to Navigate Intake Details/Case Details Follow
This article will review over how to navigate the Intake Details section in a lead record, as well as the Case Details section in a case record.
When you first enter a Lead record, you will be in the Intake Details tab. This tab contains a few sections that highlight the primary details related to the record:
- Lead Description - The lead description gives you a quick at a glance view for you to have a quick way to overview a lead’s situation. Some firms also use this as a way to post useful notes for a lead. However, the software does offer a notes tab that is better suited for these sort of actions.
- Milestones - Milestones are a powerful feature that allows your firm to use Legal CRM for litigation, docketing, tasks, and case management. They may be configured for each practice area to create a series of tasks automatically using open-ended logic based on custom Key Dates in a case, milestone completion, subtasks to trigger when prior tasks are completed, or a variety of other configurations.
- Intake Information- This section appears directly beneath the Case Description. In this section you will find details about the lead’s case type, the marketing source that created the record, the current status of the lead, the contact method, what ad campaign brought in the lead, the call outcome, estimated case value, the customer rating, office location, and any tags to associate with the lead.
- Contact Information- This section appears in the middle of the page and provides a basic view of the lead’s contact information (Contact name, primary phone number, primary email, address, language, local time, contact preference, and when to contact).
If you ever need to edit the contact information, click on the pencil icon that appears to the right of the Contact Information tab label. After making changes to the Contact Card, be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the pop-up and click the "Save" button to apply your edits.
- Related Contacts - If the Primary Contact of the record has been associated with another record in the portal, you will see the relationship in this section (which appears right beneath the Contact Information section). For example, if the Contact of the record has been added as the Defendant on another record, the potential conflict will be flagged.
- Calendar Event Tracker - This is the section you will use to schedule appointments and keep track of any calendar events for/related to this lead. It is located below the Intake Information
To schedule an appointment or create a new calendar event, click on the “Add Calendar Event” button in the upper-right corner of the section. In the pop-up that appears, you will be able to configure all of the details for the new calendar event. Click on the “Save” button to add the new event/appointment to the calendar.
- Refer a Case- This section allows you to refer a record with only a few clicks and is located just below the Additional Contacts Use the dropdowns to select the firm you’d like to send the referral to and click on the “Send it” button to refer a lead/client in under a minute. Only users with the “Send Referral” user permission will be able to refer records.
- Firms and Fee Splits- This section is located below the Calendar Event Tracker section and allows you to keep track of any referrals related to the record, as well as any fee splits. If a referral has been sent via the Refer a Case feature, you will see that in this section and you will also be able to track the status of the referral.
If you are adding a fee split for a co-counsel firm, you may manually add that firm to your record. Click on the “Add Firm” button in the upper-right corner of the section. In the pop-up that appears, you will be able to select the firm from the existing list of Firms in the portal. You can also override the fee share % or flat fee amount if needed. Click on the “Add Fee Share” button to link the firm to the record.
Just under the Intake Details sections mentioned above, there will be some additional buttons:
- Edit Primary Contact - This button opens up the “Edit Contact” pop up window on a lead record.
- Change Primary Contact - This button allows you to change the primary contact for a lead via the pop up menu.
- Add Related Contact - When clicked, this button will scroll down the leads page and open the Search Contact pop up window.
- Refer a Case - When selected, the “Finance” tab will appear and you will be able to send this lead’s information to a referral firm your team works with.
- Make a Case - Use this button to turn a Lead record into a Case record.
- Add Expense - after selecting the “Add Expense” button, the “New Expense” will appear on your screen. This tab allows you to add expenses to your lead.
- Apply Milestone Changes - This button allows you to make any change to the milestone of a lead record.
- Transfer Record - Use this button to transfer the record to a new Assignee and/or Owner.
- Create Copy - Use this button to create a new record that is a copy of the current record.
- Export Case - Use this button to download a folder to your computer that contains the record’s intake form (in both Word and PDF format) and also XML and CSV files with the record’s main default information. Any documents in the record will also be downloaded.
- Delete Record - Use this button to delete the record and archive it. Note: As you move around the different tabs inside of the Lead/Case records, you can always scroll up on the page to view the Intake Details.
Once you have converted your lead into a case, the financial details tab will include the Time Entries, Invoices, and Bank Transactions options available in the Finance tab of a lead.
The Intake Details tab will become the Case Details tab once you've converted your intake into a case. This tab includes all of the sections and features of the Intake Details tab plus an additional section for Financial Details and one for Settlement Distribution.
Time Entries - Need to keep track of your team's billable hours? Look no further than the Time Entry tab under the Finance option. With this powerful tool, you can easily create and manage time entries for any lead, giving you unparalleled visibility into how your team spends their time. And with the Start Timer option, it's easy to set and toggle an in-portal timer to record exactly how long your attorneys or other team members work on a particular task or project. It's important to note that since the timer is manually toggled, the accuracy of recorded time may depend on team members remembering to start and stop it.
- Invoices - At the heart of our invoice tab lies an intuitive and versatile Invoices tool. With just a few clicks, you can create, edit, delete, manage, and send invoices with ease.
- Bank Transactions - The Bank Transactions feature within the system allows for efficient organization and oversight of all transactions concerning leads. Users are able to easily track, manage, and even delete past transactions, as well as create new retainer requests to facilitate future transactions. By utilizing this tool, businesses can streamline their financial processes and ensure accuracy in their record-keeping.