Law Ruler Software includes a self-service “Import Leads/Clients/Cases” tool that will allow you to import a spreadsheet of leads, clients, or cases directly into Law Ruler Software in minutes. It is recommended that you contact Law Ruler Support at firstname.lastname@example.org to send them your first import leads file so they can review it for compliance with the Law Ruler Import Leads Engine.
There is no charge for us to review your import files and help guide you through the process, so it is done painlessly and correct the first time. In most cases, the support staff at Law Ruler can do the import for you to make it simple for you. We are a client-focused legal software company.
Many other legal software companies provide a “Data Export” that contains multiple CSV worksheets and it can be complicated for a user to do it themselves because of how the data is given to them by the vendor they are exporting from.
If you are not able to successfully import a CSV worksheet using our self-service “Import Leads/Clients/Cases” tool, then please contact Law Ruler Support at email@example.com for further assistance and we will be happy to help.
- Please begin by clicking on the “Import Leads/Clients/Cases” button from the Settings blue menu as shown below to open the “Import Leads” tool in Law Ruler Software.
- Please left-click on "Choose File" to select a file from your computer or cloud folder to begin importing leads into Law Ruler.
- Press the “Upload” button to complete the upload of your CSV file.
Please Note: Law Ruler will ONLY accept .CSV (Excel Comma Separated Value) files for import at this time. If your import file is in Excel format, then you can convert this into MS Excel or Google Sheets .CSV format from inside Excel/Sheets easily by clicking “File à Save As à Click on the Dropdown in Excel/Sheets for “Save As Type” à Choose “CSV – Comma Delimited.” Excel/Sheets may as you if it is ok if “Some features may be lost using this format.” It is recommended to select “OK” to continue. This will save your current worksheet into CSV and will not lose the formatting of your original XLS Excel/Sheets format file.
- Select a “Case Type” to choose what Type of Case you will set for all of the leads that you are importing at this time as shown below.
- Next, you must Select a “Match Column” from your CSV worksheet to import into each available “Law Ruler Column” that you would like to import. Please leave any “Match Columns” blank that you do not want to import into Law Ruler.
- After selecting all of the “Match Columns” that you want to import into Law Ruler, please press the “Continue” button, then you will be able to press the “Upload Leads” button as shown below to complete the Import.
- Congratulations! You just completed your first leads import.
- Don’t forget to “Save this Mapping” template so you can use it when importing similar files in the future. This was found to be a big time saver!