Managing and tracking the source of your leads and your ad spend is possibly the single most important mechanism inside Law Ruler. Tracking where a firm’s leads come from is a critical part of any intake program, at any firm, whether your firm has a few lead/marketing sources, or hundreds of them. Law Ruler allows you to manage your lead sources in an easy and intuitive way by setting them up in the “Manage Lead Sources” management screen, and then your staff can choose them from a dropdown box inside each lead record and they are ready to go.
Complete Marketing/Advertising features included:
- Track Source with Ready-to-Use Call Tracking Phone Numbers in your Local Area
- Website/Landing Page Source Tracking
- Television(TV)/Billboard/Direct Mail Source Tracking
- Social Media Source Tracking
- Live Chat Source Tracking
- Attorney Profile leads that are E-mailed to you by attorney referral services
Locking down the list of lead sources protects the integrity of your top-down metrics and management reporting that are available in Law Ruler in the Reports and Dashboard screens.
- Let’s start by going to the Manage Lead Sources management screen. Click on the “Settings” blue menu as shown below, and select “Manage Lead Sources.”
- Fill in all of the required fields to create your first Lead Source, and press “Save” at the bottom of the screen.
Please Note: If you do not create any lead sources, then you will not be able to use this feature in Law Ruler, and all leads will be credited to your firm only as the lead/marketing source. This is not recommended if you are looking to track your advertising spend and optimize your sources to increase your lead to case conversion and firm ad spend ROI, since it will not allow you to use this powerful Tracking feature or the Lead Source Reporting feature built into Law Ruler.
- Want to track where your phone calls are REALLY coming from?
à Click “Save and Add Call Tracking Phone #” and follow the prompts.
Please note: You must input a valid forwarding number when adding a Call Tracking Phone Number, so your calls do not go into a dead-end.
- If you would like to “Edit” or “Delete” a Lead Source, then click on the “Edit” or “Delete” links next to the Lead Source name in the grid at the top of the screen.
Please Note: You will not be able to Delete Lead Sources that have existing data on them. Please contact Law Ruler Support if you need to do this: email@example.com.
- Managing Lead Sources is a system administrator or firm owner restricted user right and we do not recommend that you allow your everyday user to access this screen in the Settings menu for a variety of reasons.
- After you have setup at least 1 Lead Source, your firm's users will be able to choose them from the "Lead Source" dropdown box when creating or editing a Lead, as shown below in the “Add a New Lead” screen.