Due to recent updates in the Google Chrome browser, there are some reported issues that the Law Ruler dialer/contact center/call box will not open/reopen. This issue is caused by Google Chrome and not a Law Ruler issue, but we do have some helpful information to resolve the problem.
Recent Google security changes are treating any popup windows as "ads" so we recommend the following steps to resolve the issue:
How to Enable the Dialer (Enable Popups and Ads for the Law Ruler Site)
1. Login to your Law Ruler site: https://FIRMSITENAME.lawruler.com
2. Once the page is loaded press the lock button here: https://www.screencast.com/t/vOmobLtnL928
3. Click on "Site settings": https://www.screencast.com/t/V38Im36c8
4. Now that you are in the site settings please make sure that Ads + Pop-ups and redirects are set to "Allow": https://www.screencast.com/t/uJNupcdpKr
If you would like to restrict this to the Law Ruler system only, then please consult Google's documentation on how to do that by a specific site here:
6. After the requested changes are made, then you must restart the Google Chrome browser entirely (all your open tabs) and then restart it. At that time, log back into Law Ruler and the dialer window will now open and stay open.
How to Clear Local Storage in Google Chrome
If the above changes do not work, then you may need to also clear what is called "Local Storage" in the Google Chrome browser.
To clear out Local Storage, please perform the following steps:
1. Press F12 from inside of Google Chrome while logged into the Law Ruler system.
This will bring up the Chrome Developer Tools screen.
2. Then, select: Applications > Clear Storage > Clear Site Data
3. Then, close Chrome Developer Tools.
4. After the requested changes are made, then you must restart the Google Chrome browser entirely (all your open tabs) and then restart it. At that time, log back into Law Ruler and the dialer window will now open and stay open.
Thank you very much! If we may assist with anything else, then please let us know!
-Law Ruler Support Team