Troubleshooting the Smart Dialer Follow
Troubleshooting the Law Ruler Smart Dialer
☑️ Something not working right? We are here for you. Let's try out our troubleshooting guide first and if it does not work after that, then please reach out to Law Ruler Support to assist you further. After helping thousands of agents, we have narrowed down the troubleshooting to three categories:
- Internet Issues - temporary issues from either the caller or your internet
- Microphone/Headset/Audio Issues - cannot hear
- Google Chrome Browser Issues - dialer call box is missing/interfering extensions
Minimum/Recommended System Requirements
Law Ruler strongly recommends updating your system to have the following minimum or recommended requirements to avoid potential service impacts:
|Processor||Intel Core i5-4440, CPU 2.10 GHz||Intel Core i7-4770, CPU 3.40 GHz|
|Memory||8 GB||16 GB|
Apple Mac Platform
|Processor||Intel Core i5, CPU 1.7 GHz||Intel Core i7, CPU 2.3 GHz|
|Memory||8 GB||16 GB|
Cannot See Available Agents When Transferring
If you cannot see available agents when transferring a call, this issue is most likely due to how you are loading your dialer.
⚠️ The dialer must be loaded as a pop-up to avoid potential service impacts. If you choose to load your dialer directly in your browser, you may experience issues.
⚠️ Please note, your headset must be a USB headset, no other type of headset is authorized to work with Law Ruler, and not having the right kind of headset can increase the likelihood of audio and mic issues.
🎤 If you are having issues hearing yourself or a caller in the Law Ruler Smart Dialer, then there may be microphone or headset issues on your computer. To verify that there is not a microphone issue, we suggest that you first dial yourself or a coworker and see if they are able to hear you. If they cannot, then continue.
The Smart Dialer uses the world's largest VOIP (Voice Over IP) telephone network, so it is possible that there could be intermittent local or regional internet bandwidth or connectivity issues on either your side or where the caller is located that could temporarily affect call quality. If this does occur, then just like using a mobile phone in an area with spotty coverage, try calling back and see if it resolves it.
If calling back does not resolve it, then check the microphone icon in the Smart Dialer. The screenshot below shows a properly working headset/microphone.
🔇 If the microphone icon has a red line through it, then it means that your headset battery has run out, or possibly it has become unplugged/unpaired from your computer. Charge the battery or plug your headset back in and please try again. 🔋
My Smart Dialer Callbox/Pop-Up Disappeared
Due to recent updates in the Google Chrome browser, there are some reported issues that the Law Ruler dialer/contact center/call box will not open/reopen. This issue is caused by Google Chrome and not a Law Ruler issue, but we do have some helpful information to resolve the problem.
Recent Google security changes are treating any popup windows as "ads" so we recommend the following steps to resolve the issue.
How to Enable the Dialer (Enable Popups and Ads for the Law Ruler Site)
- Login to your Law Ruler system at the provided URL web address.
For example, test.lawruler.com
- In the top-left corner of the Chrome browser, in the address bar, press the lock icon as shown below to open the "Site settings" pop-up screen.
- Inside the pop-up menu in Chrome, click on "Site settings" to open the Chrome > Privacy and security > "Site settings" screen.
- Inside of the Chrome > Privacy and security > "Site settings" screen, set the "Ads" and
"Pop-Ups" to "Allow" as shown below.
- After the requested changes are made, then you must restart the Google Chrome browser entirely (all your open tabs) and then restart it. At that time, log back into Law Ruler and the dialer window will now open and stay open. If that does not solve it, then continue below to the next section.
If you would like to restrict this to the Law Ruler system only, then please consult Google's documentation on how to do that by a specific site here:
How to Clear Local Storage in Google Chrome
If enabling popups and ads inside of your Law Ruler URL does not work, then you may need to also clear what is called "Local Storage" inside of the Google Chrome browser. What this does is refresh the Smart Dialer settings and clear out any browser cache-related issues.
Video on How to Clear Local Storage in Chrome:
To clear out Local Storage in Chrome, please perform the following steps:
- Press "F12" from inside of Google Chrome while logged into the Law Ruler system (If Mac press Command+Option+J). This will bring up the Google Chrome Developer Tools screen.
- Then, select, "Application" in the top menu as shown. If you do not see the "Application" tab option, then click the two arrows pointing to the right as shown below and a pop-up menu will make it available to you.
- Next, press "Clear Storage" and then press the "Clear Site Data" button. If your version of Chrome does not show the Clear Storage button, then click on the "Local Storage" button in the left-side as shown below, then find the Law Ruler site address, and right-click. Then, press "Clear"
- Next, close Chrome Developer Tools.
- After the requested changes are made, then you must restart the Google Chrome browser entirely (all your open tabs) and then restart it. At that time, log back into Law Ruler and the dialer window should pop open and stay open. Rinse and repeat as needed.
How to Force Start Dialer Window
If all steps above to open the dialer window have been unsuccessful, you will need to force start your dialer window.
- First open up a new tab in your Chrome browser and type in: "https://domainname.lawruler.com/twiliodialer.aspx"
- You should now see the dialer loaded in your browser. Bookmark this page and close the dialer tab completely.
- Once you have closed the dialer tab, refresh your Law Ruler page and/or log into your Law Ruler account. Your dialer should load as a separate popup automatically upon refresh/login.
⚠️ Please note, you should never attempt to use your dialer while loaded in a Chrome tab to avoid service disruptions. It is recommended to only use the dialer popup.
The Phone Number Displayed in The Dialer is Wrong and Has Extra Numbers
There have been some reported issues regarding the phone number for callers displaying incorrectly, such as the example below:
We have found that this issue stems from a Chrome browser extension (usually Vonage). To disable your Chrome browser extensions:
- Click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner of your Chrome browser window.
- Hover over the option for More Tools and select Extensions.
- Deactivate your extensions by clicking on the slider in the lower right hand corner of each extension.
If you need further assistance, then please contact Law Ruler Support to assist you further.
🤗 Thank you very much for choosing Law Ruler!