Documents/Files/Folders/Subfolders in Law Ruler Follow
Using the Documents Tab in Leads/Intakes/Cases in Law Ruler
Law RulerTM features a very powerful document and file management system that is accessible inside of each lead/intake/case and system-wide from the left side menu.
To access the Documents Tab inside of a lead/intake/case, you will first go into a lead/intake/case record. Then, you will click on the Documents tab (paperclip icon) in the toolbar on the top of the screen. This will open the Documents tab.
The Law Ruler Documents Tab inside of Leads/Intakes/Cases:
User Permissions and What They Do For Documents/Folders in Law Ruler
There are some user permissions that are important to note as they relate to documents/files, folders, and subfolders. The firm administrator or IT department can give each user the following rights/permissions for document/file management:
- View rights - Create and Read-Only permission to files and folders. The user could add, open, preview, and download documents and folders, but not make any changes to existing files and folders.
- Edit rights - Create, Read, and Update permission to files and folders. With this permission, a user could open/preview documents, edit documents, create new folders, rename folders, and move files between folders.
- Delete rights - Full Permission to Create, Read, Update, and Delete files and folders. Please be careful with this permission since a user could delete files and folders!
⚠️ Delete rights are only recommended for administrators or management users.
Please ask your firm administrator or IT department if you need assistance and do not have the appropriate permissions for your role at the firm.
Right-click with Your Mouse to Open the File options in the Law Ruler Documents Tab inside of Leads/Intakes/Cases:
If you attempt to delete a file or folder and your user account does not have Delete rights, then you will see a warning message if you attempt to delete a file or folder as shown below:
Law Ruler Default Folders for Every Lead/Intake/Case
The Law Ruler system features a built-in document management system that automatically creates five (5) default folders in every lead/intake/case. The default folders cannot be deleted or renamed. If you would like to change the name of default folders or stop adding them to each new lead/intake/case, then you will need to make some edits inside of the Document Settings screen.
The default folders that are automatically created are:
- Document Templates - this folder contains any document templates that you run for this client
- Medical Records - this folder will automatically receive any medical record PDFs that were ordered from the Medical Record Retrieval API
- Photos - this folder will automatically receive any photos or videos that clients text to you
- Recordings - this folder will automatically receive any call recordings on Law Ruler numbers (if you have call recordings activated)
- Signed Contracts - this folder will automatically receive any signed e-sign contracts for this client
In the example below, there is a subfolder that was created by a user named "Test subfolder" The test subfolder could be deleted or renamed since it is not a default folder.
However, you will not see the delete or rename options for default folders since that is not allowed.
If you need further assistance, then please contact Law Ruler Support to assist you further.
🤗 Thank you very much for choosing Law Ruler!