TimeSolv Integration – Legal Time Tracking & Billing Solution Follow
Law Ruler offers an easy-to-use integration with TimeSolv, a cloud-based timekeeping and billing platform for law firms. For two decades, TimeSolv has provided the best web-based billing solution for attorneys and other professionals. Ranked the #1 legal billing software for usability.
For more information about subscribing to TimeSolv, please visit www.timesolv.com
What the 1-Click Law Ruler > TimeSolv integration offers:
- Creates new clients in TimeSolv (NOTE: The primary contact in Law Ruler becomes the client)
- Creates new contacts in TimeSolv
- Checks existing contacts in TimeSolv to allow selection of existing contacts or creation of new contacts at the time of sync
- Law Ruler intake and sign-up documents will be shared with TimeSolv via an encrypted document URL to allow document download
TimeSolv - Law Ruler App Registration
After your firm gets a TimeSolv account, the steps below will allow your firm to set up the sync of your TimeSolv system with Law Ruler.
NOTE: this requires having both a TimeSolv and Law Ruler account.
The first step to connecting your account with Law Ruler is to register Law Ruler as an app under your TimeSolv portal. Go to https://apps.timesolv.com/App/RegisterApp.aspx
After logging in, fill out the fields displayed on the screen, per the example below.
- Name: Law Ruler
- Description: Law Ruler app / Law Ruler Integration
- Redirect URL: This will be your Law Ruler Portal URL + /TimeSolvHandler.ashx
- For example, https://mysiteurl.lawruler.com/TimeSolvHandler.ashx
- Active: Checkbox / Yes
Pairing TimeSolv with Law Ruler
After filling out the fields, you will then need to copy both the "client_id" & "client_secret" keys and log into your Law Ruler portal to sync your account.
Once logged into Law Ruler navigate to Setup > Global Settings and Statuses > CasesSoftware
(Admin access is required to access the Global Settings page)
Once in the CasesSoftware section, select "TimeSolv" from the drop-down menu.
The following fields need to be filled out in order to complete the pairing.
- TimeSolv Host Name: This is the URL where you access TimeSolv https://apps.timesolv.com/
- Client App Key: Copy the "client_id" from TimeSolv here
- Secret Key: Copy the "client_secret" from TimeSolv here
Press "Pair with TimeSolv"
After pressing pair, a new window will open for you to log into TimeSolv and grant authorization for the Law Ruler integration. NOTE: You must be an admin-level user in TimeSolv to perform this step.
Press "Yes" to finalize the pairing.
You will see "Connected" in green after the pairing is completed. Your account is now fully synced!
Creating a Client in TimeSolv
Creating a client in TimeSolv is a very simple process. Once you have an intake/lead record ready to convert to TimeSolv all you need to do is press the "Send to TimeSolv" button located under the Intake Details section.
After pressing the "Send To TimeSolv" a pop-up will open. This pop-up will show you if there are any duplicate contacts in TimeSolv already.
Duplicate Contact Checking
If there are any primary or additional duplicate contact(s) found they will be displayed in this pop-up:
- You have the option to convert to TimeSolv using these existing contacts by pressing the checkbox next to the contact name
- You can ignore the duplicate contact by leaving the checkboxes blank/empty & pressing "Create Client"
The next step is to verify that you want to send this lead to TimeSolv.
Press Yes to send the record to TimeSolv.
Successful TimeSolv Export
Once a record is successfully converted you will see a green success message in the bottom right corner of Law Ruler.
You will also see a new success log inside of our Audit Log section with the new TimeSolv Client ID for that record.
Your Law Ruler intake has now been created as a new contact & client within TimeSolv!
Sending Law Ruler Documents > TimeSolv
In our current integration, your Law Ruler Intake documents will be sent to TimeSolv via an encrypted document URL to the Client Notes Field.
You will see the Client's Name + Client ID before the document URL.
Once you access the Law Ruler Document Link you will see a list of all the files for this client
How to stop the document URL from sending to TimeSolv
If you would like to disable the Law Ruler Document URL from sending to TimeSolv you can do so by going to
Setup > Global Settings & Statuses > Cases Software > Send Document URL > Turn the toggle OFF
If you need further assistance, then please contact Law Ruler Support to assist you further.
🤗 Thank you very much for choosing Law Ruler!
For any support needs regarding TimeSolv, please contact TimeSolv support directly since Law Ruler may assist with the integration process but they cannot support the TimeSolv service.