Medical Record Ordering and Tracking in Law Ruler Follow
Setting Up Medical Record Ordering and Tracking in Law Ruler
Need Medical Records? Currently, your Law Ruler system is equipped with two options for the ordering and tracking of medical records. Both options will output to the Law Ruler Medical Records Report.
- Self-Ordering (Default) - This option is for tracking purposes only and does not place orders. You would use this option if your firm places their own orders directly with medical providers, outside of the Law Ruler system. It does allow your staff to input the order details for tracking purposes.
- Seamless Medical Record Ordering and Retrieval via National Record Retrieval - This option uses the integration with a leading medical record retrieval provider, National Record Retrieval (also searched as “NRR”). This integration allows your firm to order and receive medical records directly from your Law Ruler system without ever leaving. You select the records that you would like to order from each provider and then press the "Submit Order" button. When the records are available, you will be notified and they will automatically download into the intake or case in the default Medical Records folder. Talk about seamless!
💡 The firm must first sign up for an account directly with National Record Retrieval before they are able to place orders from inside of your Law Ruler system.
National Record Retrieval is a third-party company and is a cloud-based record retrieval application/API. Law Ruler is a legal case management software CRM that integrates with National Record Retrieval to allow seamless ordering and retrieval of medical records from inside of the Law Ruler system.
Activating Medical Record Order Tracking in Law Ruler
To get started, you will want to first activate Law Ruler's Medical Record Ordering module inside of your portal.
- Navigate to Setup -> Global Settings
- Choose the option "Medical Records Ordering" using the menu on the right-hand side
- If your team intends to order your own records and not leverage the NRR integration, please turn on Medical Records Ordering and choose the option Default.
- If you would like to use the NRR integration, then you must first sign up for an account directly with National Record Retrieval before you are able to place orders from inside of your Law Ruler system.
- Once you have signed up, select the option "NRR" and click Save.
- Navigate back to the "Medical Records Ordering" section using the menu on the right-hand side and insert the Client ID # and NRR API Secret Key, which should have been provided to you by NRR.
You are now ready to track medical records inside of your Law Ruler Portal!
💡 Please note that it is not possible to mix and match NRR and Non-NRR integrations. Your firm must choose one or the other.
⚡ Also, of importance, each user that will be ordering from NRR must also be registered with NRR directly or their orders may not be processed and order notifications may not send correctly from NRR. This is because NRR uses the email address to track the user that places each order, so all users in Law Ruler that will be ordering records must also be registered in the NRR system directly.
How to Access the Medical Records Ordering/Tracking Screen
You are able to access the Medical Records Ordering/Tracking Screen by going into any lead, intake, or case, and clicking on the "Records" icon. From there, you will be able to input patient information, select provider, and saved tracking information that will output on the Medical Records Report.
💡 In addition, if you leverage the seamless National Record Retrieval integration, then you will also be able to select which records/bills to order, decide if it is a rush order, and attach medical authorization documents.
Accessing the Medical Records Report
Whether you order your own records and enter them in your Law Ruler system for tracking, or you leverage the seamless National Record Retrieval integration, you will be able to review the progress of your orders at any time inside of the Medical Records Report in Law Ruler.
⚡ You must be a user with admin access, or you will not be able to see the report menu options. Please ask your firm administrator or IT department if you need assistance.
Click on Reports in the left navigation menu > Click on Medical Records Report
For support of medical record orders or estimated time of delivery please contact National Record Retrieval Support directly as that Law Ruler Support cannot answer questions about order ETAs.
If you need further assistance, then please contact Law Ruler Support to assist you further.
🤗 Thank you very much for choosing Law Ruler!
Aside from Law Ruler, all other trademarks, trade names, screenshots, or company names referenced herein are used for identification purposes only and are the property of their respective owners.