Setting Up/Customizing System Statuses and Dashboard Categories Follow
Law Ruler allows you to create and customize statuses and dashboard categories that are used throughout the portal to keep track of your lead and case records.
Only users with Admin Rights will have access to make the changes mentioned in this article.
- Using the blue menu on the left-hand side of the screen, click on “Setup”.
- Navigate to the “Global Settings and Statuses” page.
- Creating a New Status
Locate the “System Statuses” section. Next, click on the “Add Status” button in the upper-right corner of this section.
A pop-up will appear where you will be able to name your new status and select the appropriate dashboard category (more on dashboard categories below).
When creating new statuses, you will also be given the option to set a Foreground Color and a Background Color for the new status. Any color selections made will be reflected in your Inbox screen. The Foreground Color refers to the color of the font that will display in the Inbox for any records that are under this status. The Background Color refers to the fill color of the record’s line item in the Inbox screen.
Click the “Add Status” button inside of the pop-up to create the new status.
- Editing/Deactivating Existing Statuses
To edit an existing status, click on the “Edit” option that appears to the left of the status name in the System Statuses section.
Notice that the “Status” and “Dashboard Category” will become editable fields. Once you’ve made your changes, click on the “Update” option that appears to the left in order to save.
To deactivate a status that you no longer wish to use, click on the “Deactivate” option that appears to the far right. Please note that we don’t recommend deactivating any statuses that are being used in active lead/case records. In other words, no records should be under the status that you wish to deactivate.
Once a status has been deactivated, you will see that status will appear at the bottom of the System Statuses section in a pink/light red shade. The status will not be permanently removed from the system, and you will always have the option to reactivate it if you’d like.
- In the Global Settings and Statuses page, the “Dashboard Category” section is located right beneath the “System Statuses” section. Dashboard Categories are used primarily in reporting. These categories cannot be deleted, but they can be renamed.
- To change the name of a Dashboard Category, click the “Edit” option that appears to the left of the Category Name. A small pop-up will appear that will allow you to rename this category. Click the “Update” button to apply your changes after giving the category a new name.