How to Use the Inbox Follow
Law Ruler’s Inbox offers powerful features to always keep your firm on top of everything that is happening in the portal. Whether it is keeping track of your customers during the workday, or using the Inbox Action Menu, we have you covered!
In the Inbox, you will find all leads and cases in your portal. To access the Inbox, use the main menu on the left-hand side of the screen and click on "Inbox".
Please Note: To have the Inbox always be the first screen you see upon login, you might need to edit your account settings. To do this, click on your name in the upper-right corner of Law Ruler and click on
Next, make sure that the "Default Login Screen" setting is set to Inbox.
First, we will review the list of customer records in your portal. Using the inbox, you can access any record in your portal. As you move your mouse over each record, the record will show as highlighted. You can click anywhere in the row for the customer record to open that customer's record on a new screen.
Accessing the Inbox Action Menu
The Inbox Action Menu is the latest and greatest part of the new inbox! This convenience is available right in your inbox and has proven to be a big time saver! You will notice a column of checkboxes along the left margin of the inbox screen, as well as 3 dots to the right of the checkbox. If you are looking to edit 1 record only, simply click the 3 dot icon to access the Action Menu. The Action Menu will also display the customer you are editing.
If you need to edit multiple records at the same time, such as adding the same note to multiple records, select each record you wish to update using the checkboxes. Then, click the 3 dot icon next to any of your selected records to perform an action on all selected records. The Action Menu will give you a preview of how many records you are editing.
💡 The Action Menu lets you perform various actions on 1 or more records at a time:
- Add Note – add a note to all selected records - this also allows uploading of docs 📄 as a note
- Mark Read – mark all selected records as Read
- Mark Unread – mark all selected records as Unread
- Change Case Type – modify the current case type for all selected records
- Change Status – modify the status for all selected records
- Change Rating – modify the rating for all selected records
- Change Marketing Source – modify the current marketing source for all selected records
- Change Owner – modify the owner for all selected records
- Change Assignee – modify the assignee for all selected records
- Transfer Record – transfer the selected records to another user
- Delete – delete all selected records
If you need to clear your selection, use the Clear selection button located to the left, as shown below.
Exporting Your Inbox, Changing Layouts and Sort Order, and Filters
Using the options in the upper-right corner, you can choose to:
- Export your inbox
- Edit your layout
- Choose a default sort order
- Configure filters
To export all leads/cases in your inbox, or selected leads/cases only, click the export icon.
To edit the current layout of your inbox, first, click on the Layout dropdown.
Then, you can choose to apply an existing layout by selecting the layout from the dropdown list. After making your selection, click "Apply".
You also have the option to edit your current layout by selecting "Edit Layout" or create a new layout by selecting "New". To learn more about Law Ruler’s custom layouts, please click here.
To change your default sort order click on the Sort Order dropdown. You can choose one of the following options as your sort order:
- Case Created Date - sorts the inbox based on the date the case record was created; it is recommended to only use this sort option if you are filtering your inbox by case records only.
- Idle Time - sorts the inbox based on the last time a record was updated
- Lead Created Date - sorts the inbox based on the date the lead record was created
- No Sort Selected - defaults inbox to Idle Time sort
Lastly, you can apply filters to your Inbox by using the Filters button located in the upper-right corner of this section:
The following filter types are available to you:
- Leads/Intake - displays all current lead/intake records
Cases - displays all current case records; only applicable if use Law Ruler's Cases Software
- Record Type - displays records based on dashboard categories, i.e. Open, Qualified, etc,; to learn more about Law Ruler's dashboard categories, click here
- Lead Created - display records that have a lead created date in a specific date range
- Case Created - display records that have a case created date in a specific date range
- Tags - display records that have specific tags added
- Status - display records that are currently in a specific status
- Case Type - display records that have specific case types
- Source - display records that have a specific source
- Current Milestone - display records that are currently in a specific milestone
- Firm - display records that have a specific referral firm added to their record
- Assigned To - display records that have a specific assignee
- Owner - display records that have a specific owner
- Language - display records that have a specific language set
If you find yourself repeatedly using the same filters, you can create Saved Filters. To do this, first make your filter selections. Next, at the very bottom of the pop-up, find the Saved Filters dropdown where you will be able to give your selected filters a name and save it.
If you ever need to change your selected Saved Filter, click on the Filters button, select the Saved Filters dropdown, and select your new filter using the Selected Filter dropdown.
If you need to delete any previously saved filters, you can always click on the gear icon located to the left of the Selected Filter dropdown. This will redirect you to your User Settings page. There, you can scroll down to the section Saved Filters to view a current list of your filters as well as to edit or delete them.
If you ever need to clear your saved filters or individually selected filters, you can do this in one of 2 ways:
The first option is to click on the Clear all option that appears below the Filters button.
The second option is to open your filters using the Filters button and click Clear All at the bottom of the popup.
If you have a long list of records, you will need to use the page navigator at the bottom of your screen to navigate through the different pages of records.
You can also modify how many records your list should show using the Rows per page option. You can have as little as 10 rows per page or up to 100 rows per page.
If you ever need to know how many records are displaying based on your filters, a preview of the total number of records returned can be seen in the bottom left corner of your screen.
Lastly, if you are on the inbox page and need to quickly create a new lead manually, you can use the ‘+’ button located at the top to create your new intake.