The Law Ruler Newsfeed – See Everything at Your Firm Every Day Follow
The Recent Activities Feature is now the "Newsfeed" and is a whole lot more than ever imagined. It instantly allows you a variety of new report features for notes, documents, texts, calls, emails, liens, invoices, user activities, and more. Be creative! Be the eye in the sky at your firm.
See all and know all! 👀
Choose from hundreds of filter combinations to customize your newsfeed for the various role(s) at your law firm. More coming soon! If you were ever hoping for a social media feed about what happens at your firm each day, this would be the Newsfeed which does that and a whole lot more!
Aside from Law Ruler, all other trademarks, trade names, screenshots, or company names referenced herein are used for identification purposes only and are the property of their respective owners.
Table of Contents
Easily accessible, the Newsfeed is located on the left blue-menu bar and is also available in your inbox. Unlike the “Audit Log” tab that is located in each lead/intake/case, the Newsfeed is system-wide and allows any user to search, filter and track all of your firm’s happenings across all of your leads, intakes, cases, specific case types, users, status, date range, or by activity types.
Please note that user permissions may limit the records that are accessible to certain users, but administrative users will be able to see everything.
To get started, click the “Newsfeed” option in the left-blue menu bar as shown below.
Inside of the Newsfeed screen, you have a variety of filters.
🧑🏻🤝🧑🏽 For each user, the system will auto-save the filter selections for the future, so if you do not want to save the filters at any given time, then it is suggested that you clear the filters and put them back to the default settings.
You will know if you have saved filters because they show at the top of the Newsfeed screen. Also, if you are viewing the mini newsfeed in your Inbox, then there will be a counter to show the number of filter fields that are applied in a badge on the “Filters” field as shown below.
The following filters are available to choose from:
- Date Range – the default selection is the Current Month. You can change this to today, last week, last month, last year, or a custom date range of your choosing.
- Type – choose from dozens of activity types such as notes, documents, texts, calls, emails, liens, expenses, etc. This list of selections will continue to grow to give you even more options.
- Case Type – select 1 or more case types if you want to drill down to certain dockets or keep it as all.
- User – view 1 or more user’s activities at any time to see what certain users are doing at any given time. This is perfect for new hire training to monitor their activities or if someone goes on vacation or leaves the firm so you can see what they were doing at the time that they logged off and never miss a beat.
- Status – filter by 1 or more statuses such as “New Lead” or “Sent E-Sign” etc to track clients by status.
- Activity Type – lead or case. This is perfect to segment activity data for the intake team, attorneys, case managers, paralegals, investigators, etc. Only see what you are focused on.
🔎 The Newsfeed also includes a powerful keyword search tool that will allow you to search within the filtered activity to find trends within your results. For example, you could search your entire docket for a keyword such as “brain injury” to find any leads, intakes, or cases that you noted as having a brain injury. The sky is the limit! ☁️
🗂️ Need a notes report? Or perhaps a document report of all faxes received today? Various combination of filters can yield thousands of different reports. The Newsfeed includes an “Export” button that will allow you to export the output to Excel to make any activity report easy and quick. This instantly allows your law firm to access thousands of different reports a moment's glance by filtering the newsfeed by notes, documents, emails, etc, at any time. Want a report on Notes for a certain user? Or a document report?
To “Export” your Newsfeed, press the “Export” to Excel button in the top-right corner as shown.
Note: You cannot export the Newsfeed from the Inbox view since you must be in the Newsfeed screen to do an export.
If you need further assistance, then please contact Law Ruler Support to assist you further.
🤗 Thank you very much for choosing Law Ruler!