The Newsfeed – See Everything at Your Firm Every Day Follow
The Newsfeed feature in the CRM gives you a variety of reporting options for notes, documents, texts, calls, emails, user activities, and more. Be creative! Be the eye in the sky at your firm.
See all and know all! 👀
Choose from a wide variety of filter combinations to customize your Newsfeed for the various role(s) at your firm. If you were ever hoping for a social media style feed about what happens at your firm each day, the Newsfeed does that and a whole lot more!
Table of Contents
Using the Newsfeed
Easily accessible, the Newsfeed is located in the main navigation menu on the left-hand side. Unlike the “Activity Log” tab found in each lead/case, the Newsfeed is system-wide and allows any user to search, filter, and track all of the firm’s happenings across all of your leads, cases, specific case types, users, status, date range, and by activity types.
💡 Please note that user permissions may limit the records that are accessible to certain users, but administrative users will be able to see everything.
To get started, click the “Newsfeed” option in the main navigation menu on the left-hand side.
Inside the Newsfeed screen, you have a variety of available filters to help narrow down the activity logs that you are looking for.
For each user, the system will auto-save their filter selections for the future. Therefore, if you do not want to save the applied filters, it is suggested that you clear the filters and set them back to the default settings. You will know if you have saved filters because they show at the top of the Newsfeed screen.
The following filters are available to choose from:
- Date Range – The default selection is the Current Month. You can change this to today, last week, last month, last year, all time, or select a custom date range of your choosing.
- Type – Choose from dozens of activity types such as notes, documents, texts, calls, emails, etc. This list of selections will continue to grow to give you even more options!
- Case Type – Select 1 or more case types if you want to drill down to certain dockets or keep it as "All" to view activities from all case types.
- User – View 1 or more users’ activities to see what certain users are doing at any given time. This is perfect for new hire training to monitor their activities or if someone goes on vacation or leaves the firm so you can see what they were doing at the time that they logged off, and never miss a beat.
- Status – Filter by 1 or more statuses, such as “New Lead” or “Sent E-Sign”, to track leads and clients by status.
Activity Type – For LR Clients Only – Leads/Intakes or Cases. This is perfect to segment activity data for the intake team, attorneys, case managers, paralegals, investigators, etc. Only see what you are focused on.
Searching the Newsfeed
🔎 The Newsfeed also includes a powerful keyword search tool that will allow you to search through the logs of activities in the CRM. Look for the search bar located in the upper-right section of the Newsfeed screen.
For example, you can search your entire portal for a keyword such as “brain injury” to find any leads, intakes, or cases that you noted as having a brain injury. The sky is the limit! ☁️
Exporting Reports from the Newsfeed
🗂️ Need a notes report? Or perhaps a document report of all files uploaded today? Various combinations of filters can yield so many different reports! The Newsfeed includes an “Export” button that will allow you to export the output to Excel, making any activity report easy and quick. This instantly allows your firm to access thousands of different reports at a moment's glance by filtering the Newsfeed.
To export the Newsfeed results, click the “Export” button located next to the "Apply Filters" button.
Why Can I Only See My Activity?
The ability to see the activity of all users is granted to Administrative users only, by default. If a non-administrative user needs to see the activity of all users, they need to be granted the proper permission.
Navigate to Setup > Manage Users.
In the "All Users" section, click the pencil icon to the left of the user account you want to enable this permission for. In the pop-up that appears, enable the "View All Newsfeed" setting and then click "Update" to save your changes.
💡 This setting is only needed for non-administrative users.
To learn more about how to manage users in the CRM, click here.
If you need further assistance with your CRM system, then please contact the support team.
🤗 Thank you very much for choosing the CRM!