Status Report Follow
This report is useful for tracking the current status of the leads/cases in your Law Ruler portal. By default, it will report from the date of status changes, but may also be set up to report on the date that leads were created during a selected date range. The Status Report is used to see status changes during a date range. You could limit it further by adding a filter to only show status changes for records that were created during the specified date range. Of note, this report does not match the Inbox and is best intended to be used as a daily report since the status of records is constantly changing.
- Using the blue menu on the left-hand side of the screen, click on “Reports”. Only users with the Reports user permission will have access to this screen.
- Navigate to the “Status Report” page.
- At the top of the page you will be able to select from the different available filters to narrow down the results of the report. You can filter by case type, assignee, tags, and more.
- Beneath the filters, you will see a dropdown that says, “Select Status”. Use this dropdown to choose a status that you would like to run the report for. If you would like to run the report on every active status in the portal, choose the “All” option from this dropdown. To the right, you will see a “From Date” field and a “To Date” field; use these fields to set the date range that you would like to run the report for. The “Start” and “End” dropdowns to the right can be used to filter by a certain time frame as well. For example, let’s say you’d like to see all leads that went into the status “Signed E-Sign” on 7/8/21 between 1 pm and 3 pm. Lastly, the “Limit results to only show records that were created in the selected date range” option will only show records that were created within the date range that you are running the report for.
In addition, you can use the “+Add Additional Status” button to run the report on as many individual statuses as you’d like.
- Once you’ve finished setting up the criteria for the report, click on the “Run Report” button to generate the report. You will then see 3 new buttons appear: the “Export as PDF” and “Export as Excel” buttons can be used to download the report in the respective formats.
The “Schedule Report” button can be used to schedule the report to be automatically delivered via email. Click on this button and, in the pop-up that appears, you will be able to give the report a name, select the delivery frequency, the time of day when the report should be delivered, and enter the email addresses of any individuals who should receive this report. Click the “Save” button to schedule the report.