How to Configure and Send Email Newsletters, Announcements, and Email Blast Marketing Campaigns Follow
The CRM system offers a powerful email marketing tool to customize and send email blasts, announcements, and newsletters to your entire database or segment-specific lead/case records.
Table of Contents
Creating a New Email Marketing Campaign
Using the main navigation menu on the left-hand side of the screen, go to “Email Marketing”.
To start creating a new email campaign, click the “New Email Campaign” button in the page's upper-right corner.
The Email Marketing Settings screen will open up. Here, you will configure the settings for who should receive the email campaign.
- Select Unsent Campaign (Optional) – If you created a previous email marketing campaign that was never sent, you can select it from this dropdown and continue editing it.
- Campaign Name – The name of the email marketing campaign. This is an internal name only for your records.
- Select Case Type – Choose the specific case type(s) of the lead/case records that should receive this email campaign.
- Date Created From – Choose the created date of the records that should receive this campaign. If you want leads/cases to receive the email campaign regardless of when their records were created in the CRM, leave the "All Dates" checkbox ticked.
- Who Will This Email Come From? – Use this dropdown to select the specific user or role that the email should come from.
- Current Status – Choose the current status(es) of leads/cases that should receive this campaign.
- Tags – Choose the current tag(s) of leads/cases that should receive this campaign.
- Source – Choose the current source(s) of leads/cases that should receive this campaign.
Once you have defined the email campaign settings, you will see a preview of how many records will receive this campaign.
💡 NOTE - Contacts that have unsubscribed or have opted out from receiving emails will not show in this list and will not receive your email marketing campaign.
After configuring the Email Marketing Settings, click the “Create and Continue” button located at the bottom of the screen.
Next, select the template you wish to use for your campaign. You have the option to select a pre-formatted template or a plain text template.
You can also import your own custom HTML templates by clicking on the “Import HTML Template” button at the top of the screen.
Once you have selected a template, you are ready to begin setting up the contents of the email campaign! First, fill in the Email Subject for this email campaign. You can also choose files to upload and send as email attachments.
Want to use this email campaign to send an e-sign to the recipients? Check the box next to “Would you like to send an e-sign to everyone that receives this campaign?”, and then select the e-sign template that should be included.
💡 NOTE - If your campaign sends an e-sign, the email body must include the e-sign mail merge code: <<HelloSign>>. If you forget to include this mail merge code, the system will warn you and prevent you from sending the email campaign until the mail merge code is added.
Next, set up the body of the email. If you need to include any mail merge codes to pull client data (such as the recipient's name) you can utilize the mail merge field picker in the upper-right corner.
If you ever need to change the template or recipients for the email campaign, make sure to use the navigation bar at the top of your screen. To edit the template, click “Select Template”. To edit the recipients, click “Select Recipients”.
Sending an Email Marketing Campaign
If you want to ensure your campaign looks correct when emailed, you can send a test email to yourself to see what your recipients will receive. Click the “Send a Test Email” button to send a test of the email campaign. In the pop-up that appears, you will be prompted to enter an email subject and email address(es) for the test email. After entering the email subject and address(es), click the “Send” button.
💡NOTE – Please refrain from using the word “Test” in your subject line, as many email providers will automatically filter out your test email, and you will not receive it.
Once the email campaign is finalized, you have a couple of options regarding how you send your campaign. The first option is to send the campaign now. This will immediately send your email marketing campaign to all selected recipients. Click the “Send Now” button to complete this action.
Alternatively, you can schedule your campaign to be delivered at some time in the future. To take advantage of this feature, first, fill out the “When to Send?” information.
Next, click the “Schedule Delivery” button.
How to Edit Email Marketing Campaigns
You can only edit email campaigns that have not yet been sent or scheduled for delivery. To edit a campaign, click the name of the campaign under the “Email Campaign Name” column on the home screen of the Email Marketing module.
How Effective Are My Campaigns?
The Email Marketing module's home screen will show the metrics for all of your email campaigns in the selected date range.
- Sent – Displays the number of sent emails
- Viewed – Displays the number of viewed emails
- % Viewed – Displays the calculated percentage of emails viewed (# Viewed / # Sent)
- Clicked – Displays the number of links clicked on
- % Clicked - Displays the calculated percentage of links clicked (# Clicked / # Sent)
You can also view these metrics for each individual email campaign as well.
Managing Configured Email Marketing Campaigns
On the Email Marketing home screen, you can view the details of any previously sent or scheduled campaigns, copy those campaigns, and delete them.
- To view the details of any previously sent or scheduled campaigns, click the eye icon to the right of the campaign.
- To copy an existing campaign and create a new one, click on the double paper icon located to the right of the campaign.
- To delete any email campaigns, click the trash icon located to the right of the campaign. If you delete a scheduled campaign before its delivery date/time has elapsed, the campaign will not deliver.
If you need further assistance with your CRM system, then please contact the support team.
🤗 Thank you very much for choosing the CRM!