Configure a Custom Caller ID (CNAM) for Your Law Ruler Dialer Follow
To increase the likelihood of your calls being answered by your customers, it is recommended to setup a caller ID, also known as CNAM (Caller ID Name). This allows your customers to see who is calling them.
This article will provide the steps to registering your CNAM for your Law Ruler dialer number.
⚠️Please note, this registration process is not needed if you do not use the Law Ruler dialer.
How to Submit My Registration
Currently, Law Ruler will handle submitting your CNAM registration on your behalf. To get started, please submit a ticket with our support team here.
You will need to submit the following information to our team, so we can start the registration process:
💡 Please note, the information provided must match your EIN listing exactly.
- Legal Business Name
- Street Address
- Business Type (Must be one of these: https://www.screencast.com/t/J9weMP5ge)
- Business Registration ID Type (Must be one of these: https://www.screencast.com/t/5trHT8eEkS4y)
- Business Registration Number (EIN Tax ID)
- Business Regions of Operations (https://www.screencast.com/t/ifWaOIptI53)
- Website URL
- Authorized Representative #1 (include First Name, Last Name, Email, Business Title, Job Position https://www.screencast.com/t/0tx2EnMSoQ7, phone number)
- Authorized Representative #2 (include First Name, Last Name, Email, Business Title, Job Position https://www.screencast.com/t/0tx2EnMSoQ7, phone number)
- CNAM (This is the Caller ID Name the firm would like to display for outbound calls. This is limited to 15 Characters including spaces)
Once this information is received, our team will begin the registration process with the carriers. This process could take 1-2 weeks to be completed.
Once your registration has been finalized, our team will notify you.
Why is My CNAM Not Displaying on Outbound Calls?
Sometimes, after a successful registration of your CNAM, you may get reports from your customers that your CNAM did not display.
If you receive reports of no CNAM displaying, there could be a couple of reasons why:
- The carrier is not passing the CNAM properly to the customer receiving the call
- Additional steps are required by the mobile user to enable CNAM
Unfortunately, not all carriers may subscribe to the multiple CNAM databases available. Mobile users, depending on the subscribers carrier, will most likely need to enable, subscribe or pay an up-charge so CNAM is displayed on their handsets.
If this happens, it is recommended that your customers reach out to their mobile carriers directly to determine why they are not displaying the proper CNAM .
If you need further assistance with your Law Ruler system, then please contact Law Ruler Support.
Aside from Law Ruler, all other trademarks, trade names, screenshots, or company names referenced herein are used for identification purposes only and are the property of their respective owners.
🤗 Thank you very much for choosing Law Ruler!